There are many “hidden” but very valuable jobs done by a variety of skilled, hard working people supporting the education of the pupils at Portobello High School.
Here are some examples of the many jobs they do:
- The Administration Officer looks after the school fund, processes EMA payments and manages the school office.
- School Support Assistants support teachers with administration and resources in addition to providing support in Science, Home Economics, Medical room and Reprographics.
- Pupil Support Assistants work in a variety of roles both supporting pupils in the classroom in and working in Science, Home Economics, Medical room and Reprographics.
- The Library Resource Centre Co-ordinator run the school library and is involved in book groups and the Anime club.
- Office Staff are the first line of contact when you phone the school and carry out many different administration duties.
- Science / CDT / ICT Technicians support teaching staff by preparing resources and experiments for lessons and maintaining computer equipment.
- Service Support Officers (Janitors) open and close the school and keep the school building running by carrying out or reporting repairs. They are now managed by a facilities management company.
- We also have a team of hard working Cleaners and Kitchen Staff working at the school.