Please find below information about lots of different supports and online activities that are happening in our local community to help families.
If you’re having trouble accessing any aspects of the remote digital learning we are providing, the links below may help.
- Setting up Outlook for school email on an iPad https://clickv.ie/w/fYrm
- Installing and using Office 365 apps on an iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-G9Rno0f8
- Opening a OneNote Class Notebook (S3-6): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGHlCsWP2Wk
- Resolving OneNote Class Notebook sync issues (S3-6): https://clickv.ie/w/-Srm
- Installing Office onto a home PC or Mac: https://clickv.ie/w/DYrm
- Accessing Office 365 in a browser on any device: go to http://office365.edin.org
Finding Learning Activities
- Accessing S1 learning activities, go to https://tinyurl.com/S1PHS
- Accessing S2 learning activities, go to https://tinyurl.com/S2PHS
- S3-6 learning activities are being communicated to pupils via their existing OneNote Class Notebooks. Pupils should also monitor their email for any additional instructions and can email their teachers directly for support.
- S4-6 pupils have also been emailed information about using Scholar. Scholar can be used to access learning materials for many current and future courses.
Please click the link below to see the latest information on free school meals from City of Edinburgh Council.
Click HERE to read the school’s advice on Distance Learning during closure.
Learning activities can be accessed remotely as follows:
For S1/2 pupils
All learning content will be distributed to you via OneNote Notebooks. This can be accessed via a web browser on any internet-connected device using the following links:
Click HERE to watch a video with help on how to do this.
For S3-6 pupils
All activities will be communicated to pupils via their existing OneNote Class Notebooks. Pupils should also monitor their email for any additional instructions.
NB: S4 -6 pupils have also been emailed information about using Scholar. Scholar can be used to access learning materials for many current and future courses.
For reference, the whole Office 365 suite can be accessed via a browser using the link http://office365.edin.org
Please see the documents below for the latest information from the school and City of Edinburgh Council.
Portobello High School is currently open. In line with NHS advice, anyone with symptoms of infection (such as new persistent cough / high temperature) should self-isolate and stay at home for 7 days. Further information regarding health can be found at:
At this time, please note the following arrangements:
- All extracurricular sport is suspended
- Scheduled concerts and evening events will not go ahead
- There will be no assemblies for the time being
- Parent consultation events and meetings are suspended
Keeping Learning Going during Self-Isolation
Young people in S1-3 who are self-isolating can access level 3 and 4 resources to keep learning going at:
Young people in S4-6 will also find the website above useful and can, in addition, email their class teacher.