There are many “hidden” but very valuable jobs done by a variety of skilled, hard working people supporting the education of the pupils at Portobello High School.
Here are some examples of the many jobs they do:
- The Bursar looks after the schools finances and supports with SQA administration.
- Classrooms Assistants support teachers with administration and resources.
- Learning Assistants work in a variety of roles both supporting pupils in the classroom and working in Science, Home Economics, Medical room and Reprographics.
- Librarians run the school library.
- Office Staff are the first line of contact when you phone the school and carry out many different administration duties.
- Science/CDT/ICT Technicians support teaching staff by preparing resources and experiments for lessons and maintaining computer equipment.
- Service Support Officers (janitors) open and close the school and keep the school building running by carrying out or reporting repairs.
- We also have a team of hard working Cleaners and Kitchen Staff working at the school.