In the event of an emergency, such as a power cut or severe weather, that prevents schools from opening in the morning or results in an early closure a range of communications channels are used to let parents know.
Pupils will be asked in the first instance to contact their Parents / Carers via mobile telephone. A text message would be sent to all Parents / Carers and a notice will be placed on the school website. Arrangements will be made for pupils who are unable to go home until a parent / carer is contacted.
In addition, announcements will be made on Radio Forth (Forth 1 and Forth 2) and via the Council’s corporate Twitter account www.twitter.com/Edinburgh_CC and Facebook page www.facebook.com/edinburghcouncil. If many schools are affected, or the situation is likely to be prolonged, then the Council’s website www.edinburgh.gov.uk will also be used to disseminate information.
Get Email Updates
- Weekly Update – 24th March 2017
- Spring Concert
- S3 HISTORY TRIP TO NEW LANARK WORLD HERITAGE SITE
- Portobello HS Sports Personality of the Year 2017
- S2 Parents’ Consultation Evening, 28 February
- S5/6 Pathways
- Teenage Booster and Meningitis ACWY Vaccinations
- Raising Children with Confidence
- Accident on Milton Road
- Applying to College 2017 Presentation