During morning break we offer:
- Freshly made sandwiches, rolls and baguettes
- Hot filled rolls
- Healthy home baking
- Fruit juice and milk shakes
At lunchtime we offer:
- Meat and a vegetarian dish of the day with fresh vegetables
- Pasta bar (Bolognese, chicken Torino, 3 cheese sauce, pomadoro etc)
- Paninis served daily with a selection of fillings
- Homemade soup
- Choice of mashed, roast and boiled potatoes
- Jacket potato with different fillings
- Burgers, sausages rolls and sausages served occasionally (home-made/quality).
- A range of freshly made sandwiches, baps, wraps, large and small baguettes.
- A range of home-made cakes and flapjacks will be sold at lunchtime
- Chips will only be sold once a week
The school operates a ‘cashless catering’ system which has a number of benefits e.g. shorter queues at the till, no discrimination for pupils who receive free school meals etc. Pupils use their One Card as the means of payment, and can pay money into their card using the payment meters located in the House rooms.
For more information about free meals/grants, click here: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/schoolgrants
For more information about healthy eating and nutrition, click here: http://www.nutritionist-resource.org.uk/