Say Hello to iPad!
In order to set up your iPad, you need to create an Apple ID and set up an iTunes/App Store account.
- You will need to create your Apple ID using your school email address.
- You will then need to verify your Apple ID by logging into your school email.
- You can log into your school email by going to http://office365.edin.org and use your normal username and password (eg the same name and password you use to log into the computers in school)
IMPORTANT: your school email address is firstname.lastname@example.org – Remember the s in schools!! eg email@example.com
- Please take a note of your Apple ID and Password
- When setting up your iTunes account, ensure that you use NONE as the Payment Details.
- You will be prompted at one point to add a passcode. Please ensure you add a passcode and remember it.
- Once you have set up your Apple ID and iTunes account, please download Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Garageband, iMovie and iPhoto from the App Store.
A guided walkthrough of setting up an Apple ID, iTunes Account and accesing school email can be found below in three different formats: Narated Video, PDF document and Slideshow.
A PDF version of the slides – ipad setup s2