Edinburgh Council have launched the Microsoft Student Advantage programme for all learners across the city. This means you can download the full Microfoft Office 2013 suite and use at home on your PC/Mac. This is the same software that is used in school.
How many machines/devices can I run this software on?
Each license allows you to run Office on up to five machines either Mac or PC. You can also run Office Mobile for Android, Office Mobile for iPhone or Office apps for iPad on up to 5 mobile devices.
Is this a full version of Office?
Yes, this is a full version of Office for the PC and Apple Mac (desktops & laptops).
How long will the free subscription of Office last for?
You will be licensed as long as you are a pupil in a City of Edinburgh school.
The programme also gives you access to the full range of features in the iPad versions of Microsoft Apps such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
In order to take advantage of this, please see the attached information and instruction leaflet.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Please use the link below to view our Christmas Newsletter for 2014
Letter – Xmas 14 – Newsletter
Dec_Newsletter – NEW SCHOOL
Attached is an update on the new Portobello High School
Say Hello to iPad!
In order to set up your iPad, you need to create an Apple ID and set up an iTunes/App Store account.
- You will need to create your Apple ID using your school email address.
- You will then need to verify your Apple ID by logging into your school email.
- You can log into your school email by going to http://office365.edin.org and use your normal username and password (eg the same name and password you use to log into the computers in school)
IMPORTANT: your school email address is email@example.com – Remember the s in schools!! eg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please take a note of your Apple ID and Password
- When setting up your iTunes account, ensure that you use NONE as the Payment Details.
- You will be prompted at one point to add a passcode. Please ensure you add a passcode and remember it.
- Once you have set up your Apple ID and iTunes account, please download Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Garageband, iMovie and iPhoto from the App Store.
A guided walkthrough of setting up an Apple ID, iTunes Account and accesing school email can be found below in three different formats: Narated Video, PDF document and Slideshow.
A PDF version of the slides – ipad setup s2
We are delighted to announce that we will be extending our very successful 1 to 1 Digital Learning Policy to pupils in S2. This will be facilitated by the issue of an iPad mini to all pupils in S2 at a later date to be confirmed. Our present S3 and S4 pupils have been using this technology for many months now and we are seeing improvements in engagement in learning and enjoyment of the learning experiences. Our hope is that this will result in increased attainment in national qualifications at the end of S4 onwards.
A meeting will be held for parents/carers of S2 pupils at 7pm on Thursday, 27th November to further explore the rationale behind 1 to 1 Digital Learning and to show examples of the technology currently in use around the school. Arrangements for the distribution of the iPad devices will be shared with parents/carers at this time. I will issue a pack of materials prior to the meeting by post.
I look forward to meeting with you at the school on Thursday, 27th November.
Depute Head Teacher