Some of our pupils visited Findlay House which is an Elderly Care Facility operated by NHS Lothian and located in the east of Edinburgh.
The pupils were welcomed and treated to juice and cakes by the centre staff! Pupils and staff played Christmas tunes to the residents, who all had a great time.
In November the school hosted the launch of a new Education Scotland teaching resource: “Remembering Srebrenica”. The resource is designed to enable young people to understand why genocide happens and how it can be prevented. The event was reported on BBC Scotland news which showed interviews with a number of our pupils who had participated in the launch. The resource has formed the basis of a series of ‘Citizenship’ inter-disciplinary learning lessons delivered to all S3 pupils in Social Studies.
The Young Consumer of the Year Edinburgh final took place in the Lothian Building, George IV Bridge on Wednesday, 16th December 2015. The team representing PHS this year was captained by Bella Baillie and included David Morley, Robyn Canning and Murray Watson. Stiff competition from both Boroughmuir High School and James Gillespies High made for an exciting final. Although Boroughmuir took the cup, our own team did very well and were close runners up. Well done team.
National 5 / Higher / Advanced Higher
Prelim Timetable – 2016
Monday 11th to Friday 22nd January
A few points:
There are no prelims for subjects at National 3 and 4 levels although there may be internal assessments carried out during this time.
- There is no exam leave this year. You must attend classes as normal except on the day of an exam. You do not need to attend classes on the day of an exam.
- You must wear school uniform during the prelims.
- The invigilators will be running the exams. These are the people who will be responsible for your SQA exams in May. They are experienced and helpful. You must treat invigilators with respect and follow their instructions.
- Please be outside the exam room at least 10 minutes before the exam starts.
- You must follow the instructions regarding mobile phones and any other electronic devices.
- You must stay in the examination room until the end of the exam.
- Please come fully equipped for the exam.
- Pencil cases, hats, scarves etc are not allowed in the exam room.
- Water is permitted in the exam room.
- When there is a clash of exams, sit the exam with the asterisk * and make arrangements with the teacher of the other subject for an alternative time.
- Those pupils with AA arrangements have been informed of any variations in the timing / place of exams by Mr McAllister.
- The exam timetable will be posted on the school website.
Timetable is here :
Pupil Version – Draft 3