Staff and pupils of Portobello High would like to thank the Parent Council for their recent generous donation of £2,000. The following items have been bought for the school:
- ‘I Can Animate’ software for Art and Design pupils/Art and Design Club
- Specialist pliers for jewellery making
- 6 First Aid kits for sports teams
- DVD resources for Geography – Britain from Above, Power of the Planet and Wild Weather
- Instruments for the Samba Band
- Interactive software for Business Studies pupils
- Specialist Safety glasses for Science classes
- Balances for Science classes
- Table Tennis equipment for PE and the Table Tennis club
- Two Alphasmarts for Support for Learning pupil use
- Revision booklets for the Physics Study Club
The court case regarding the new Portobello High School began in the Court of Session on 5 January. Although it had initially been expected to take two days (5 and 6 January), it was agreed by both sides that additional time was required to complete the legal arguments. A third day has now been allocated to the case and it is now anticipated that the case will be completed on this date, Wednesday 1 February 2012.
It is not possible to comment in detail at this stage. Further information will be provided once the judgement is received.
This year’s PHS Young Enterprise group is working hard producing hot drinks sets and selling insulating sleeves for your takeaways in this freezing weather. Here are some of the group at the Trade Fair on Sat 3rd December where they had a really well decorated stand, an eye-catching video presentation and even dressed up as a cup to catch attention and sell their products.
They were also at the Christmas Fair at a local primary school and sold more items there. They have produced sets for tea, coffee and hot chocolate – just right for this time of year! Look out for their stalls in school.
After a successful slot in the school Christmas concert, the Portobello High School Junior Vocal Group visited Viewpark Care Home on Wednesday 21st December 2011. The residents were entertained with a range of Christmas songs and Carols and an enjoyable afternoon was had by all.
The vocal group are looking forward to returning to the home in the summer term to perform some ‘old classics’ which will be known well by their audience.
S5/6 prelims will take place from Wednesday 18th January to Friday 27th January 2012. Pupils do not need to attend classes or go to registration duruing exam leave. Please find the prelim timetable and important notes for pupils below.
S5,6 Prelim Timetable and Notes 2012 (PDF)