Aims and Philosophy
Through the use of a variety of curricular and extra-curricular activities, the Physics department strives to make a positive contribution to pupils’ general education. We also aim to provide subject specific knowledge and understanding, offering an excellent basis for further study in physics related areas at school, college or university.
Our pupils should achieve:
- Knowledge and understanding of physics principles.
- Problem solving skills.
- Responsible attitudes and effective communication skills.
- Practical abilities associated with investigations in physics.
- The department operates an ‘open door’ policy to provide support for pupils.
- Pupil support materials are available on GLOW.
- Positive destinations for former pupils.
- S3 pupils who took part in the ‘Rapid Response’ event last year, came into the science department to purify water with only materials they might find after an earthquake.
Mr K Walker (Curriculum Leader)
Mr S Bourne
Mr M Lyons
Mr C Troost