- To allow all pupils to achieve their mathematical potential at whatever level they are studying.
- To engage pupils in a variety of ways to embrace the study of mathematics
- For pupils to make the link between mathematics and its need in everyday life.
- The department offers daily afterschool revision classes for all pupils to give extra help and to aid exam preparation.
- Department is well resourced with all eleven classrooms equipped with a data projector and many with a Smartboard.
- Pupils take part in many mathematical competitions including Scottish Mathematical Challenges, UKMT junior and middle competitions, UKMT Team Challenge, Enterprising Mathematics and Masterclasses
Ms C Livingston