Key Skills Support
- Personal Learning Plans differentiated for each year including, skills development, peer/self evaluation, assessment reviews and personal reflection
- Literacy & Numeracy displays in classrooms
- Homework packs
- Homework pack/ prelim papers
- Study support classes in run up to prelim and final exam.
- Practice with past papers
- Higher – Past papers, up to date resources, websites, revision booklets
Hints and Tips for Helping with Homework and Exam Preparation
Homework is varied and offers students personalisation and choice. Within S1 & S2 students have homework which is linked with their topics but which also include cross curricular activities. Students are encouraged to complete their homework on time and hand in the best work they can. Parents are requested to support and sign any homework.
There are lessons for students on study technique, learning styles, timetabling study and the creating the correct atmosphere for studying.
Departmental Study Support Activities
Department study support classes are offered on the run up to prelims and exams. These are held in the department for 1 hour after school on a Thursday. Support for Higher Technological Projects is offered at lunchtimes by appointment.