Aims and Philosophy
- Allow young people to express themselves in a positive, safe environment.
- Encourage learners to listen to and respect each other.
- Help learners to develop confidence, tolerance and self control.
- Enable learners to explore their creative ideas within a structured framework.
- Support in becoming confident and independent learners of the Theatre Arts.
- Prepare learners for SQA examination.
- A drama studio with staging, curtains which open and close for performance work, stage lighting, sound equipment, interactive whiteboard, one Mac Mini computer.
- Pupil access to costumes/props in resources room, which also has a PC.
- Revision sessions for all S3-6 pupils after school.
- Help with audition pieces, by arrangement.
- Connections with theatre companies offering advice on careers in the theatre.
Ms M Rose
Mrs J Sumerling (Curriulum Leader of Music and Drama)