Aims and Philosophy
- Provide pupils with a range of Computing and ICT experiences designed to support and challenge all ages and abilities.
- Develop computation thinking skills in line CfE and New Qualificaions in Computing Science.
- Create and foster the enjoyment of Computing and ICT and stimulate curiosity about technology.
- Help pupils learn how to use ICT safely and responsibly.
- Support pupils in becoming confident and independent learners with ICT.
- Inspire pupils to develop their vision to use ICT creatively.
- Provide pupils with the opportunity to achieve qualifications in Computing and ICT relevant to today’s workplace.
- Three well-resourced ICT rooms, each one equipped with 21 Windows 7 PCs, 21 inch LED monitors, colour laser printer, 80″ interactive display screens and a wide range of other peripherals.
- Pupil access to an ever-increasing range of software for document creation, games design, multimedia authoring, web publishing, computer programming, photo editing, desktop publishing and many more.
- Development of innovative new courses for Curriculum for Excellence in S1/2 to include new topics such games design and animation.
- Continued development of skills based courses in s5/6 with Cyber Security, Digital Media and Game Design available.
- Strong uptake of S2 pupils taking optional Web Design and/or Programming courses as part of the enrichment program as well as the core Computing Science course in S2.
Mr D McKee