Aims and Philosophy
- To reflect the modern business world and the role that Edinburgh plays in the international arena.
- To be supportive of all pupils and to encourage them to reach their full potential using a variety of learning approaches.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of Business Management and Administration.
- To develop the skills of analysis, problem solving and decision making in a variety of contexts.
- To prepare pupils for work in the specific vocational area of Administration.
- To provide pupils with a basis for future study.
- S3 Mini Enterprise group organise a Christmas disco for S1 pupils, and make and sell Christmas products.
- S3 pupils participate in the department organised Stock Market Share Competition.
- Participation in the Stock market Challenge competition organised by the University of Edinburgh.
- Annual visit to Standard Life Head Office in Edinburgh.
- Presentation to Business Management classes by Standard Life.
- Visit to Coca-cola plant in East Kilbride.
- Participation in other national competitions.
Mr D McKee