Aims and Philosophy
- To strive to make the courses on offer of interest to and relevance to learners.
- To stimulate and maintain curiosity and enjoyment in Biology.
- To encourage objectivity and an analytical approach to solving biological problems.
- To develop learners understanding of themselves and the world in which they live by helping to make them aware of the applications of Biology in everyday life
- To develop skills and confidence in using these skills independently and as part of a small team
- To encourage learners to develop their capacities as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society
- To develop an awareness of the importance of Biology as a qualification leading to science and non-science related careers
- The department operates an ‘open door’ policy to provide support for pupils
- Pupil support materials are available on GLOW and Edmodo
- Positive destinations for former pupils.
Miss H Kaur