We are currently in the process of recruiting for the next group of pupils who will participate in the 2 year “Career Ready” programme.
The Career Ready Programme:
- A national charity set up and governed by senior business leaders.
- Connects you to employers from a range of sectors, providing opportunities to gain the skills, attitudes and networks you need to succeed in the workplace / your career.
- A two year programme during S5 & S6 for carefully selected students that bridges the gap between school life and work life.
- You will attend various “workshops” which will support you to develop employability skills.
- You will be given a mentor from a business and meet them regularly to set targets.
- You will take part in a 4 week paid internship over the summer of 2016.
You will receive information of this programme during PSE. If you are suitable for the programme and would like to be considered for a place on the course, please complete the application form below and send this to Craig.Knight@Portobello.edin.sch.uk by no later than Friday 26th June.
If you are interested in taking part in the programme or would like more information, please see Mr Knight.